Tuesday, September 22, 2015

HALLELUJAH! THE BOOK IS OUT!


No, not my book, (although I have two new ones out) John, my son's book.  The memoir that bares his soul in the telling of being in a controlling religious cult.
It was a difficult one to write.  I know.  We have talked and emailed for hours on end. I can say that every time we were together for the past two years, the book was the center of our conversation. Don't get me wrong.  I was proud to be a part of it and I would like to think I helped in some way.

The book, "Locked In," is powerful.  It will shock, surprise, bring you to tears and warm your heart in places.  It will answer so many questions.  Questions about how someone could end up in a cult, or how you know you are in a cult, and how to escape from the cult.  You will find yourself saying, "no way that could take place today.  You will be amazed at the hypocrisy and turning away from the truth.  You will wonder if you would ever be drawn into such a group.  Would the time ever be right that they could satisfy your needs take you in? You will find answers to such questions as to why they don't celebrate Christmas, all holidays, and birthdays. So many little things that one never thinks about being forbidden by God can be humorous.

So many persons have asked for months when is the book coming out.  Well this is your lucky day.  Go to Amazon and purchase one.  You will be glad you did.  It is an eye opener for some and for others it is a reaffirmation of what they went through as a member of this group.  My son has done a great job with his first book! 

1 comment:

  1. Mom, You have been a big part! Thank you for the endless encouragement and the hours of reviewing the ROUGH manuscript. We had fun, I hope-- :-) Writing a book is different from blogging- so, I learned. Questions are answered and questions will remain. Hope others enjoy.. Hugs from NC, John

    ReplyDelete