Saturday, April 23, 2016

 
 
 
                                   
                                       MEMOIR CLASS-PART II
 
The last spring class for Memoir Writing 101 took place on Wednesday, April 13, 2016
At least I had intended it to be just that but life takes funny turns. After I received some notes from students and listened to their crediting me for giving them the impetus and skills to begin to write I feel guilty that I won't continue with those few students who have not been with me for six, five, four, three years.  The majority of then have not finished their memoirs on paper,
they say most of it is in their heads.  I feel, in some respects I have let them down.  

So, I have decided to teach a shorter memoir class this fall.  As it looks now, I will take and hour's break after the Wednesday class of "Memoir To Fiction" and hold class from 1:00 to 2:30.  I hope this will fit into the students' schedules.

Remember everyone has a story and they need to learn to tell it well.

Have a wonderful summer,

Darlene Eichler                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  

No comments:

Post a Comment